Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We are the World.....




we are the children....

ok seriously before I go on a tirade about the fact that this song has been REMADE...I must first discuss my new love for Yelp. I will be Yelping alot as I'm obsessed with trying new places across the country! This blog was going to do some of that, which I'm sure it will when I begin my expose on drinking/eating/navigating airports throughout the USA.....seriously, no one does it better than me.

Ok, now usually, I would enjoy any song that has Snoop Dogg AND Santana on it. Brilliant! but Justin Bieber? and that skank from the Pussycat Dolls? Absolutely not. The line up of this rechoke is simply offensive to the memory of the late, great, fabulous, MJ. How can you compare this horrific excuse for a song with the vocal stylings of meth face Fergie, Miley "thank you Dad for your one hit wonder" Cyrus, JONAS BROTHERS, and T-Pain and Kanye both KNOWN for using Autotune. Why don't they just let the surviving member of Milli Vanilli get up there and lip sync the orignal? At least that's funny.

Now, Janet Jackson, Mary J, Usher, Santana, even Celine Dion....I can get behind these vocalists 100% as they have the chops and the creds to be involved with this type of tribute.

I'm just at a loss. The original We Are The World is one of my fav collaborations of all time. How could it not be? Steve Perry, Kenny Loggins, Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Paul Simon, Kenny Rogers, Ray Charles, Billy Joel, Diana Ross, Willie Nelson, the Boss, Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan....each ONE of these musicians is an absolute legend in music.

I'm most disappointed in my boy Lionel. Not only did he desecrate his own song that he coauthored with Michael Jackson, but then he let that trollop of a kid of his into the chorus of the remake.

3 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' the Milli Vanilli reference. :) Anyway, yeah I was a little horrified by the lineup of the remake, too. :(

    And Yelp is great. I really love how helpful it is - when we went to dinner with the Stonehill girls in Watertown or Newton or wherever we were before Kat had Avery, I had found that place on Yelp. hehe.

    ReplyDelete