Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sweet delicious beer



So I had the pleasure of accompanying my favorite married couple out for a birthday celebration and mini beer tasting.




Now, I enjoy a good beer, but to be honest, I'm usually in the Bud Light/Coors Light category. There are few beers I will not drink. Red Dog, Heineken, Hoegaarden, any IPA's, and Sam Adams Lager. Other than that, I've run the gambit on beers in my short drinking career.




On last night's tasting list, Allagash Odysessy, which was absolutely delightful. It's 10% alcohol, and barrel aged. It was delicious cold and even tastier as it warmed up. I really liked the oaky taste to it. Dark beers rock my world.....well most of the time.


I have to talk about Kona Longboard Lager. First of all, I'm into most things Hawaiian. This beer is out of this world crisp and delicious. It has the same color as my preferred Bud Light/Coors Light, but has this sweet summer, fruity almost smell without the overly sweet smell of a fruit beer. This is not a fruit beer by any means, but it has a sweet smell as if it wants to be a girly beer, but it's not. Also of note, it's a tiny bit stronger than your typical lager clocking in at 5.5%. This beer is definitely on my new favorite list.

No comments:

Post a Comment